Save Pune Traffic SPTM “Mission 10vi Pass”
SPTM is launching “Mission 10vi pass” with an objective of significantly improving the traffic discipline of the city. When the mission is complete, traffic discipline in Pune should be significantly better than any other city in India. People should feel like telling their friends visiting Pune, “Will you be driving there? Remember, they drive differently in Pune!”
“Mission 10vi pass”
Being launched on: Saturday, 04-April-2009, 10:00 am.
Venue: “Niwara”, near Patrakar Bhavan, Navi Peth.
Chief Guest: Shri Mangesh Tendulkar
List of traffic rules that will be enforced step by step(Rules and order in which they will be enforced are subject to change depending on discussions with DCP-Traffic from time to time)
At red signal, stop before stop line (stopping before zebra stripes is not enough).
There is no free left turn at signals (we will also have to tell people that this rule exists all over India).
- 1-way, no entry rules.No driving on wrong side & also on footpaths, including “for just a few feet” while turning right or to escape traffic jam as many people do.
- Do not use mobile while driving, not even in hands free mode.
- Do not cut corners while turning right.
- Honour zebra stripes even at places without signals. Pedestrians have a right of way at zebras.
- Must use directional blinkers or hand signals before turning.
- Correct use of headlights: must use headlight after sunset/ before sunrise, never use high beam (“upper”) in city.
- Use correct lane for turning, beginning with signals.
- Parking rules, including: a) No parking on footpaths, b) do not seat a “driver” in the driver’s seat when the vehicle stands in a no parking area.
Source: Save Pune Traffic
We would like to add 1 more rule that we must take extra care and follow.
Give right of way to Ambulance and Fire Brigade. While driving if you hear the siren of an Ambulance / Fire Brigade, please make sure that you do not come in its way.
More info: See the emergency vehicle rules followed in other countries
News on Save Pune Traffic SPTM “Mission 10vi Pass”